When you get into an accident, the one thing you might grab before leaving your vehicle is your phone. These days, it’s all you need to capture information from an accident scene until you are able to contact a Phoenix car accident attorney. These are the basic pieces of information you can get quickly and accurately with your phone:
- Driver license. Photograph the front and back.
- License plates.
- Registration. Photograph the front and back.
- Proof of insurance. Photograph the front and back.
- Accident photos. Get information for your insurance company that wouldn’t be available otherwise.
- Witness business cards. Track down witnesses who can be helpful to your case.
- The other driver. Taking a photo of the other driver at the accident scene proves that person was driving and not a friend or family member.
By capturing this information digitally, you can get much more information than by writing it down. It’s also safer, since you aren’t standing on the side of a busy road any longer than necessary. You can also text or email it instantly to your insurance agent and/or attorney, and it’s helpful to have additional information if the other party decides to quit cooperating.
Some other smart tips:
- Download a flashlight app in case you have an accident at night.
- Make sure your insurance agent’s number is stored in your phone.
- If your insurance company has an accident app, download it in advance to help your claim go faster.
If you’ve been in an accident, the experienced personal injury attorneys at Lewis and Pokora can help you minimize fault. Call today for a free consultation.